SAG

Monday 23 July 2012

Welcome To My Blog

Welcome to my blog.  For those who don’t know me, I’m David Cohen, Founder and Principal at Strategic Action Group Ltd.

I’m a contrarian consultant with a passion for connecting the talent of people with the strategy of organizations.

I believe that people bring the most commitment, creativity, and energy to the job when personal and organizational values are aligned.

I think that leaders who live the values of the organization, and prize learning and growth, get the most out of the people who work for them.

I like to debate, and I don’t often agree with the fads of consulting in the talent management world, so please let me know when you agree or disagree with my strongly stated opinions. Let’s generate an exchange of ideas, experiences, and perspectives.

We’ll be talking about talent management, including issues related to:
  • Leadership
  • Management
  • Succession
  • Performance Management
  • Professional Development
  • Values
  • Organizational Alignment
  • Workplace Behaviour
  • Basketball
  • Bob Dylan
  • Charlie Brown
  • Anything else that comes to mind…


I am writing to sharpen your perspective on talent management issues, and build your ideas and practices. I want to help you lead, manage, or develop your people better.

As I travel the globe, and spend too much time on airplanes and in hotel rooms, I will share observations and ideas I have gained from the organizations and people I work with, and the cultures I have experienced.

When I am not consulting or writing, I will be home in Toronto with my wonderful wife, Naomi, attempting to get to the gym, or spend more time with our three amazing grandsons. 

This blog is just getting started and will be under construction for until it is properly up and running.  Check back regularly for updates and discussions that we will be having.  If you have any questions, email me at david@sagltd.com or check our website at www.sagltd.com.  Looking forward to communicating with you all!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful Cohen! Great to share and sharpen with your valuable experiences about the talent related and organizational Development issues.

    Could we discuss on the subject of "How effective would be "Succession Planning" in Small Organizations with slow growth and growing labor costs"?
    Await your valuable Feedback please.
    With my very warm regards,
    Ayaz Mahmood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Cohen! Great to share and sharpen with your valuable experiences about the talent related and organizational Development issues.

    Could we discuss on the subject of "How effective would be "Succession Planning" in Small Organizations with slow growth and growing labor costs"?
    Await your valuable Feedback please.
    With my very warm regards,
    Ayaz Mahmood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ayaz

      Be it a small of a larger organization succession planning is essential to business continuity. When they are family owned organizations, large or small, the issue is more complex and often more of an issue for employees who see limited growth opportunities.

      Considering the comment slow growth and growing labour costs succession planning is still essential if for no other reason there is a plan in place for sustaining the corporation past the current leader. Without a plan in place a crisis of leadership could cause issues that are complicated by a lack of leader in the company. Strong leadership continuity will also provide employees with a better sense of direction and commitment and impact employee engagement.

      Further succession planning affords an opportunity for development of a number of internal employees. Remember when the new leader is appointed from the inside the chances of that leader's success is far greater then when a leader is brought in from the outside.

      Hope this is of assistance.

      David

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.